Visit our COVID-19 website for information and advice to prevent, detect, treat, and cope during the pandemic.
Through our work with some of the world’s most innovative companies, we’ve seen the power of forming integrated teams to drive remarkable health outcomes.
Robert Fernandez, DO
Gloria Montes de Oca, PhD
Rudayna (Rudi) Landera, MS, RD, CSP, LD
Juniet Reutlinger, BSN, RN
The Crossover care team, hired just for eligible Telemundo Center employees, is bilingual and we take the time to get to know you personally. Because we’re connected, we can coordinate your care, from start to finish. And, our members aren’t the only ones who love Crossover—our providers love it too. Their passion for healing and improving your health together with a high-performing team, is off the charts.
Using Crossover’s secure, proprietary technologies, you and your care team can communicate just as effectively as if you were speaking to each other in
their office—without the waiting room—whenever and wherever you need their help, thoughts, or guidance.
Anytime you or your adult dependents have a health concern, your care team can communicate with you throughout your day. This is on your time, not your doctor’s time, in your living room, not in a waiting room. All of our care team is connected to you and to each other, so we can always pick up the conversation where we left off. Crossover is here to solve a problem, or prevent one, to look at something new, or to keep an eye on anything concerning.
No Wait Times
No Time Away from Your Job or Family
Start and stop healthcare
An ongoing relationship with a care team
Expensive, surprising, confusing bills
No fees ever—$0, no paperwork, no bills
Scheduling of appointments, waiting rooms
Referred to other offices / more appointments
Avoidance / Inconvenience
Unlimited care / Convenience
Figure it out for yourself
Care navigation from start to finish
Paper files in a filing cabinet
Full access to digital health history
A random doctor on video
Dedicated clinicians working together
By activating your no-cost Crossover membership, you unlock unlimited access to your
dedicated, connected care team.
for sick care, minor injuries, and managing chronic conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure
to get you to the appropriate care team member based on your needs, and to provide education
take steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle through individualized nutrition and fitness goals
we can send a prescription directly to your pharmacy or delivery service
to cope with life’s challenges causing anxiety, stress, depression, grief, substance overuse
to book other in-network appointments, manage medical records, tests, and prescription orders
- Crossover Health is a third-party healthcare provider that provides care through an innovative online platform.
- Think of Crossover as your healthcare “home”—the first place to go for all of your essential care needs.
- Crossover’s bilingual care team in Miami includes a primary care doctor and nurse, a health coach, a psychologist, and a care navigator all working together to provide comprehensive care just for you. You get the same care team every time.
- All services, including prescription orders and refills, are handled online through messaging with your care providers or during appointments by video or phone.
- If you should need in-person care or lab tests, they are able to provide you with local options and will help you schedule those appointments, too.
- Crossover makes getting care simple. It’s convenient, easy to navigate, and personalized to meet your needs—and it’s all online and free of charge!
Primary Care—feel better, faster. We help you manage long term conditions, too.
-Sick care, for example: feeling ill, sore throat, rashes, cuts, minor injuries, aches and pains
- Ongoing chronic health condition management, for example: diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid conditions and asthma
Mental Health—better cope with stress and life’s daily challenges.
- Science-based individual therapy for: depression / sadness / grief, anxiety / panic attacks / stress, relationship issues, substance overuse, LBGTQ support
- Coordinated care plans with Crossover doctors and clinicians
- Gratitude / mindfulness practice
Health Coaching—take steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle through individualized nutrition and fitness goals.
- Weight loss / weight management
- Nutritional planning
- Sleep improvement
- Tobacco cessation
- Eating disorders
- Health optimization / mind-body connection, work-life balance, meditation / mindfulness, collaborative health goal setting
Prescription orders and refill requests—when you need medication, we make it easy for you.
Care Navigation—let us be your guide from start to finish for advice, referrals and appointments. Crossover’s care team in Miami is bilingual, English / Spanish, and will provide comprehensive care just for you. You get the same care team every time.
- Telemundo Center-based employees enrolled in an Independence Blue Cross Pay Now/Pay Later medical plan are eligible for this health benefit.
- Adult dependents (age 18+) residing in Florida who are enrolled in an Independence Blue Cross Pay Now/Pay Later medical plan are eligible for this health benefit.
As a member of Crossover Health, getting care is made simple for you. Comcast NBCUniversal has paid your annual membership fee and there are no additional fees for getting care. This gives you access to all of the health services offered through Crossover. There are no complicated bills, insurance submissions or paperwork with this benefit. Your membership means you get the same designated care team every time you need care, with no time away from work or family, and no hassles.
- At Crossover, you’ll have the same care team, every time. This means you have a health partner the whole way through who can provide consistency in the care you receive. Other online healthcare vendors randomly match you with available providers, which only works for one-off needs.
- Crossover is able to provide care for a wider range of needs compared to other online healthcare options. Crossover has a comprehensive service offering that includes Primary Care, Mental Health, Health Coaching and Care Navigation all “under one roof.”
- Crossover services are available at no cost ($0) to eligible Telemundo Center-based employees and adult dependents. It really is all-inclusive.
- With Crossover, you do not have to wait for an available appointment. Crossover provides direct access to your doctor through secure messaging.
Yes. The choice is yours. You are not required to switch your primary care physician to use Crossover services. In fact, you can use Crossover in conjunction with your current physician to best meet your health needs, or for the times you need quick, convenient attention.
There is no cost for any medical, mental health, health coaching, and/or care navigation service to participants in the Independence Blue Cross Pay Now/Pay Later plans. All lab test orders will be billed according to your health insurance. More details can be found in our member flyer.
This benefit will be available effective June 22, 2020.
For any urgent needs outside of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, call (786) 713-2700 to reach the on-call physician. If you have a non-urgent need outside of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., you can send your provider a message through the care platform and they will respond during scheduled hours.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 or visit the closest emergency department. Crossover Health is available for non-emergent healthcare needs.
- Dependents should provide the eligible employee’s work email address to verify eligibility in step 1 of creating their account.
- You can find step-by-step activation instructions here as well as answers to common technical questions.
- For employees that have more than one company email address, dependents may need to try different ones to get the “right” match if the core nbcuni email is not recognized. If the employee has already registered, the dependent should use that same email address.
Virtual nurse triage is available to all Telemundo Center-based employees. This service will help patients get advice from a nurse about their medical issue and be directed to the right place to receive appropriate care. Simply create an account and send the nurse a message through the online platform to get started.
Employees who are represented by a labor union or Guild may, or may not, be eligible for any or all of the benefits, plans or programs described in this document. The eligibility of union represented employees for these benefits, plans or programs may be governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement(s) and/or be subject to collective bargaining.